Bosch Projects Lead Mechanical Engineer
Bosch Projects: Lead Mechanical Engineer
Reference number: [REF: BP.LME.03.26.21] Closing Date: 17:00 on the 16 April 2021
Bosch Projects, a level 2 B-BBEE company and member of the multi-disciplinary Bosch Holdings, founded in 1961, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, astute and pro-active Lead Mechanical Engineer to lead and co-ordinate the mechanical engineering team within the KZN Sugar & Industrial team. This position will be based in Durban and reporting directly to the Sugar & Industrial Divisional Manager.
The Sugar & Industrial Division undertakes sugar and industrial projects in both the public and private sector globally, and contributes extensively to the globally renowned Bosch Projects sugar industry brand. Typical projects undertaken in the division involve multi-disciplinary engineering and project management in the sugar, paper and pulp, brewing and FMCG, materials handling, and related industrial process plant sectors.
Key responsibilities will include:
Primary responsibility for the successful production of mechanical design deliverables within the sugar, sugar equipment and industrial sectors, including:
- Concept and feasibility studies;
- Equipment design, technical specification and compliance to applicable specifications;
- Bosch Projects sugar equipment design and fabrication;
- Mechanical 3D models and drawing deliverables, including plant layouts, general equipment arrangement, equipment fabrication drawings and piping GA and isometric drawings;
- Equipment lists and datasheets, tender enquiry documents, adjudications and quality control documentation;
- Input to process engineering deliverables including PFDs, P&IDs, sugar mass and energy balances (where required);
- Ports, terminals, and material’s handling design.
- Responsibility for the management, development and execution of deliverables by reporting mechanical engineers and draftspersons within the Sugar & Industrial Division;
- Undertake sugar equipment design, construction management and commissioning project roles as required;
- Undertake factory feasibility, expansion and efficiency optimisation assessments;
- Co-ordinating multi-disciplinary engineering project teams;
- Perform project management roles where required;
- The development and maintenance of mechanical software and analyses and optimisation tools;
- Effective interface with senior and lead engineers across disciplines and divisions;
- Interface with, manage and maintain Client relationships throughout the project life-cycle;
- Effectively manage contractors and interface effectively with technical expert sugar associates;
- Business Development and marketing, as well as supporting business development initiatives by the Divisional Manager, Sugar Sector Director, Sugar Equipment Manager and Industrial Sector Director as necessary;
- Strategic input into the growth of mechanical services offerings in the sugar, industrial and equipment sectors within the region;
- Provide mechanical technical support where required to the Sugar and Industrial Sector, regional and international offices and R&D Department;
- Lead technology and innovation initiatives in the Division;
The ideal Candidate should:
- Have a BSc. Eng. (Mechanical) / B.Eng. Mechanical or BTech Mechanical degree;
- Be registered as a Professional Engineer/ Professional Technologist with ECSA (preferable);
- Have at least 10 years of appropriate experience in the sugar or related heavy process plant industry (previous experience in a consulting environment will be an added advantage);
- Have sugar factory operational experience (added advantage);
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the sugar production process, including the necessary insight into front- and back-end sugar equipment operational parameters and design;
- Possess a thorough understanding of engineering projects and a broad understanding of the other engineering disciplines, i.e. Civil, Process, Structural, Instrumentation and Electrical;
- Have a thorough understanding of applicable statutory requirements, standards, specifications and codes within the mechanical engineering environment;
- Be an honest, confident and effective communicator, a self-starter capable of managing teams and deliverables against strict deadlines;
- Have strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Have a valid driver’s licence;
- Have or be able to obtain a valid passport; and
- Be prepared to travel within and outside RSA borders.
Preference will be given to people from designated groups, in line with Bosch Holdings transformation plans. Suitably qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after two weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.