Resident Engineer – Gauteng
Bosch Projects Gauteng: Resident Engineer – Temporary Position
Reference number: [REF: BP.OF.04.16.21.]
Closing Date: 17:00 on 17 May 2021
Bosch Projects, a Level 2 BBBEE certified company and a member of the multi-disciplinary Bosch Holdings established in 1961, has a 7-month temporary job opportunity for a Resident Engineer. This position will be based in the Gauteng Office (construction project in Ivory Park, starting June / July 2021) and reports directly to the Lead Technologist – Roads and Developments.
- Site supervision of construction activities including the management of contractors and meeting critical project deadlines.
- Monitor the Contractors progress of projects on site.
- Keep a daily diary and do weekly reporting of site activities to Project Engineer.
- Completion of project administration including payment certificate preparation.
- Ensure compliance with Bosch Projects ISO 9001/2015 QMS System and attending to site inspections to ensure full compliance with internal and external audits.
- Report daily to the Project Engineer on project implementation activities.
- Design changes must be referred to the Engineer.
- Liaise with the Contractor’s Site Agent with regard to all aspects of the work.
- Assists the ARE’s in liaising with the relevant service providers to co-ordinate the alteration/relocation of their services.
- Assists the Project Manager in compiling minutes of site meetings with the Contractor and Client.
- Minimum academic requirement – National Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in site management – Roads & Stormwater Projects.
- Experience on JRA Projects (will be an advantage).
- Be capable of functioning independently and as part of a project team.
- Be self-driven with a capacity for continuous self – improvement.
- Good knowledge and understanding of General Conditions of Contract, 2015.
- Have a valid driver’s license and own transport.
Preference will be given to people from designated groups, in line with Bosch Holdings transformation plans. Suitably qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after two weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.