Grahamstown: Upgrading of the James Kleyhans Bulk Water Supply
CLIENT: Makana Municipality
LOCATION: Grahamstown, South Africa
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Professional Engineering and Project Management Services
Scope of Services Provided:
- Planning and Preliminary Design
- Engineering Design
- Cost Estimating
- Contract Administration
- Construction Monitoring
Project Description:The company was appointed for the detailed design and construction for the following project:
- The installation of a 450mmø pipeline operating in parallel with the existing 350mmø pipeline from the James Kleynhans WTW to Botha’s Hill reservoir.
- Augmentation of Clear Water Pump station by installing new pumps and motors (Mechanical and Electrical).
- Augmentation of storage at Botha’s Hill by constructing an additional 6,5Ml reservoir next to the existing reservoir.
- 450mmø steel pipeline 9200m
- Mechanical and Electrical to pump-station 1 No.
- Construction of 6,5Ml reservoir 1 No.
Project Value: Water pipeline R55.7 millionMechanical and Electrical R15 million Construction of 6,5Ml reservoir R15.6 million Completed: 15 October 2013
Total Value R86.3 million