We have developed a long and successful track record in agriculture and in particular, the sugar industry This capacity adds value to our global client base that stretches from Africa to the Americas and the Pacific Rim. Projects undertaken range from feasibility studies, consulting and advisory services to large construction and expansion projects. The division offers a wide range of services delivered by a very experienced team. These services range from agronomy and soils investigations, site selection, design, layouts, through to a fully developed project, including tried and tested production techniques. A full range of harvesting and transport systems, designed to integrate with factory requirements, offers clients a complete solution to their development requirements.
Coupled with technical engineering skills, the team also has a wide range of managerial skills in production management and knowledge transfer in areas of small out grower development and large estate management.
- Financial and economic feasibility studies;
- Hydrological studies and reviews;
- Soil surveys and nutrition;
- Greenfield projects as well as vertical and horizontal expansion projects;
- Abstraction and bulk water supply;
- Irrigation and drainage design;
- Design of irrigation canals and delivery systems;
- Haulage and in-field roads;
- Infield and road transport;
- Infield mechanisation;
- Agronomic and technical reviews;
- Out grower schemes and development;
- Estate management;
- Agro-processing facility design and development; and
- Agricultural waste management.
- Chad – Pre-Feasibility study including agronomy, transport logistics, a hydrology study, a new estate layout, power study and capital cost estimate.
- Tanzania – Kagera Irrigation Expansion: Engineering consulting and implementation for 6 600 ha of land development including bulk water supply including pump stations, pipelines, balancing dams, power transmission lines and irrigation.
- Tanzania-Mtibwa Agricultural Expansion: Engineering consulting and implementation of 4 500 ha of land development including bulk water supply including pump stations, pipelines, balancing dams, power transmission lines and irrigation.
- Tanzania- Kilombero Out Grower Soils Survey: Mapping of 35 000 ha including soil analysis to asses soil characteristic and potential for growing sugar cane .
- Umfolozi Flood Plains: Investigation and report on flood protection and drainage measures to protect 10 000 ha of sugar cane plantations on the Mfolzi Flats.
- Mozambique- Envalor Emerging Farmers Project Feasibility Study : Scope included market, economics , local infrastructure and soils assessment , engineering, operating and capital cost estimate for 750 ha irrigated and 2 2 250 ha of rain fed land.