Bosch Projects -Mechanical Engineer Technician/Technologist (Gauteng)
Reference number: [BPMT24]
Closing Date: 17:00 on 23 February 2024
Bosch Projects, a member of the multi-disciplinary Bosch Holdings group of companies, founded in 1961, has a job opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Technician / Technologist. This position will be based in Pretoria and reports directly to the Regional Director.
This position will assist in increasing the Building Services work the region undertakes and have involvement in other industrial type projects handled by the regional office. Typical projects include multi-disciplinary engineering and project management in the Building Services sector.
- Designing and draughting, relating to cost-effective and energy efficient systems for building services such (but not limited to) as HVAC, Fire, Wet Services and Medical Gas;
- Support the Senior engineers and the project team with design, draughting and implementation of projects;
- Provide technical and management involvement throughout the project life-cycle, from inception, through feasibility into construction and commissioning;
- Perform delegated design, construction management and construction monitoring functions, or support functions, as required.
- Effectively manage sub-contractors as well as site staff;
- Participation in engineering activities and interdisciplinary interfaces in close cooperation with the other discipline engineers;
- Ensure compliance with Bosch Project’s ISO 9001/2015 QMS system, in terms of the specific responsibilities to fully comply with internal and external QMS audits.
- Have a National Diploma / BTech in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have at least 5 years’ post graduate experience.
- Have at least 2 years site experience in the Building Services and / or Industrial space.
- Have experience in Building Services and / or Industrial designs and drawings.
- Have experience in the use of AutoCad and Revit software.
- Be self-sufficient with all basic MS Office packages.
- Be capable of functioning independently and working as part of a team.
- Be self-driven with a capacity for continuous self – improvement.
- Have the ability to multi–task.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Previous work experience in the Building Services (HVAC, Fire and Wet Services) environment is mandatory.
- Possess a broad understanding of, and have interacted with other design engineering disciplines, i.e., Process, Civil / Structural, Instrumentation, and Electrical.
Preference will be given to people from designated groups, in line with Bosch Holdings transformation plans. Suitably qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after two weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.