Senior Roads Engineer – Western Cape
Bosch Projects: Senior Roads Engineer – Western Cape
Reference number: [BPWC.RdE.21]
Closing Date: 17:00 on 30 July 2021
Bosch Projects, a member of the multi-disciplinary Bosch Holdings group of companies, founded in 1961, has an opportunity for a Senior Roads Engineer. This position will be based in Cape Town and reports directly to the Regional Director
- Managing entire projects and project teams from inception to completion, including client interface;
- Performing engineering functions efficiently in support of own projects and provide technical support to other projects.
- Performing a contract administration role on major roads projects;
- Mentoring and motivating project teams;
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Taking responsibility for work acquisition and tendering for roads projects;
- Ensuring compliance with Bosch Projects ISO 9001/2008 QMS System;
- Ensuring that client standards are achieved and maintained
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD:
- Have a BSc Civil Engineering / BEng Civil Engineering Civil Engineering qualification;
- Be registered as a Professional Engineer with ECSA (compulsory)
- Hof which a minimum of 5 years must have been spent on roads projects;
- Have experience in managing projects for major national, provincial and municipal roads clients in the Western Cape
- Have technical and design competence in either road rehabilitation, surfacing design or geometrics;
- Have experience in administering roads contracts as the Contract Engineer, and management of construction monitoring teams;
- Have experience in construction monitoring of roads contracts as the “Engineer’s Representative”, and management of site teams and site laboratories;
- Be able to assume design leadership role in new roads, road rehabilitation and / or road maintenance projects;
- Be capable of functioning independently and as part of a project team;
- Have the ability to grow client relationships and acquire roads related workload;
- Have a valid passport and be prepared to travel and work within and outside RSA borders;
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Preference will be given to people from designated groups, in line with Bosch Holdings transformation plans. Suitably qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after two weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.