Bosch Projects -Senior Engineer Developments (KZN)
Reference number: [BSD24 ]
Closing Date: 17:00 on 20 February 2024
Bosch Projects, a member of the multi-disciplinary Bosch Holdings group of companies, founded in 1961, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer within the KZN Developments Team. This is a growth opportunity (performance dependent), which could lead to promotion. This position will be based in Durban and reports directly to the Infrastructure Manager (KZN).
- Managing entire projects and project teams from inception to completion, including client interface.
- Performing engineering functions efficiently in support of own projects and provide technical support to other projects.
- Performing a contract administration role on major development projects
- Mentoring and motivating project teams
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Taking responsibility for work acquisition and tendering for civil projects.
- Ensuring compliance with Bosch Projects ISO 9001/2008 QMS System
- Ensuring that client standards are achieved and maintained.
- Assisting the KZN Regional Director and Sector Head in planning resource requirements, and in recruiting suitable candidates.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a BSc / BEng / BTech qualification in Civil Engineering
- Be registered as a Professional Engineer / Technologist with ECSA (compulsory).
- Have approximately 15 years post qualification experience of which a minimum of 5 years must have been spent on land development related projects
- Have experience in managing projects for private sector and municipal clients in the KZN.
- Have technical and design competence in municipal civil infrastructure, with a bias towards road and bulk earthworks.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Have experience with the Infrastructure Design Automation Suite (iDAS) software package (advantageous).
- Have experience in administering civil contracts as the Contract Engineer, and management of construction monitoring teams
- Be able to assume a design leadership role in civil infrastructure projects
- Be capable of functioning independently and as part of a project team
- Have the ability to grow client relationships and acquire developments related workload
- Have a valid passport and be prepared to travel and work within and outside RSA borders
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Preference will be given to people from designated groups, in line with Bosch Holdings transformation plans. Suitably qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after two weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.