Hawaan Forest Estate
CLIENT: Hawaan Investments
LOCATION: Umhlanga, KwaZulu Natal
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Professional Engineering and Project Management (EPCM)
Scope of Services Provided:
- Assessing bulk services demands from town planning layouts
- Completing feasibility designs for planning and environmental approvals
- Preliminary Design and Cost Estimating
- Engineering Design
- Contract Administration and Construction Monitoring
Hawaan Forest Estate is a 25ha greenfields development providing 120 exclusive high income residential sites in a secure gated environment. It is situated adjacent to the ecologically sensitive Hawaan Forest, requiring special consideration in respect of controlling stormwater outflows.
Stormwater control was designed using SUDs principles, with all stormwater being managed by using soakaways and controlled overland flow. Interim attenuation facilities were provided at the traffic circles, with overflow stormwater discharging into the final attenuation swales and soakaways in a specifically designed buffer zone upstream of the forest.
Bosch Projects was responsible for designing all the engineering services. Procurement, construction monitoring and contract administration was undertaken in phases as dictated by sales.
The following engineering services were undertaken by Bosch Projects:
- Connection to the bulk water supply
- Bulk outfall sewer mains
- Electrical MV connections, including substation
- SUDs stormwater planning, including attenuation facilities
- Bridge crossings
- Internal roads, earthworks, stormwater, water, and sanitation infrastructure
- Electricity and streetlighting
Project Value: R25 million Completion Dates: 2007 (Phase 1) to 2016