Area C & D West Storage Facility Project
CLIENT: Transnet Capital Projects
LOCATION: Richards Bay, South Africa
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Design and Engineering
- Engineering & Design
- Construction Monitoring
- Control & instrumentation
- Civil foundations
- Bosch Projects were commissioned by Transnet Capital Projects to produce a bulk handling design for an additional open storage export area. The project spanned the initial FEL1 Conceptual Phase through to FEL4 Design and Implementation.
- The project featured in the 2015 CESA Aon Engineering Excellence Awards
Features:The scope of the project included:
- Design of a central reinforced concrete dividing wall and associated piling running the length of the storage area – designed to retain product with a 3,000 kg/m³ density to a height of 14 m.
- Design of a 347 m long reinforced concrete conveyor U-gallery and supporting columns at a height of 22 m
- Design and FEA of a motorised travelling wing tripper and cross conveyor that weighs 39 tonnes and feeds to the stockpiles at rates up to 2 500 t/hr
- Design of two new reclaim conveyor belts with specialised mobile reclaim hoppers for product reclamation at rates up to 2 500 t/hr – tying into the existing port export infrastructure
- Design of modifications existing conveyors and infrastructure to interface with the new works
- Design of electrical, control instrumentation, and Scada interfaces for new and modified conveyors and control of the wing tripper.
- Design of a large dust suppression sprinkler system to operate over the 30 000 m² storage area
Project Value: >R250m
Category: Ports & Terminals