STS Container Crane Demolition
CLIENT: Rossi Engineering
LOCATION: Cape Town, South Africa
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Engineering and FEA Design
- Detail design of jacking equipment;
- Finite element and structural analysis;
- Calculation and certification of dismantling procedure; and
- Setting of site safety file.
- Bosch Projects were commissioned by Rossi Engineering to assist in design and development of a novel demolition technique for portside equipment. Traditionally large cranes would be used in a top-down dismantling procedure. The jacking system allows for a staged demolition where the crane is lifted and supported with the lower sections being progressively cut away. This allows for the lowering of the crane in a bottom-up dismantling procedure without the need for high lift cranes.
- Design and finite element modelling of jacking equipment;
- Finite element modelling, structural analysis and design of localised STS stiffening;
- Checking of safety files and rigging studies; and
- Checking and certification of hydraulic jacking system.
Category: Ports & Terminals